Tips for Packing and Unpacking
Whether you need a complete pack, or just some extra help in the challenging areas, our packers can efficiently and skillfully get you ready for your move! If necessary, we can provide all required packing materials to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Packing can be a stressful endeavor. With so much to worry about from packing to moving and unpacking; it helps to have a hand. Call in the relatives, and contact Sort Toss Pack for all the assistance you need.
- Waiting to tackle the essentials can turn a small problem into a massive undertaking. Tackle things one at a time, and without hesitation. Slow and steady not only wins the race, but saves you from stress.
Use the Right Materials
- Materials are very important for a smooth pack. Gather all of your materials before you start, and you’ll save yourself multiple trips once the packing gets started. You’ll need boxes (either cardboard, or reusable), packing blankets, packing paper, and tape. Keep all of your materials in the same spot to keep from losing them.
Labels, Labels, Labels!
- Labels are a must have for a smooth move! Label each of your boxes for each room for ease and simplicity.
Clean as You Go
- Packing up your items is a great time to start cleaning. While searching for your items to pack, you are looking with great scrutiny. Put this scrutiny to good use while tackling the messes left behind!
Move it Once
- You have enough items to move without moving things twice. Make sure to label your items by room, and place the boxes in the room they belong right away. This will save time, and your back!
Clean Before You Start
- The landlord or previous tenant should have cleaned when they left, but it’s always a good idea to give things another wipe down with a warm soapy towel.
One Room at a Time
- A great way to become confused and overwhelmed is to try and tackle everything at once. Instead, focus on unpacking one room at a time, and do it to completion before moving to the next.
Empty EVERY Box
- There is nothing more annoying during a move than losing your precious belongings. In effort to avoid this, ensure that you unpack every box entirely. This will avoid future trips rummaging through boxes looking for your essentials.
Organize as You Go
- Organization can be another overwhelming part of the journey. As with other parts of the move, one small bit at a time is the way to go. Organize the box you have open as you unpack, and re-organize as you find new items to be put away. You’ll be done before you know it!
Leave Entertainment Items for Last
- This can be very hard to do. After the long and stressful process of packing and moving all of your items, it is likely that the only thing on your mind is relaxation. It is very important to save your entertainment items for last, or you may just not finish!
Packing and unpacking your items can be a daunting task in the beginning! Enlist all the help you can, focus on organization, and take it one small step at a time. Sort Toss Pack will be here for you every step of the way. Call today for a free assessment!